Saturday, June 25, 2011

So Far

I finally made it to Madrid yesterday after a very long day... My flight out of Texas got delayed so I was in that airport for 9 hours. I managed to finish a whole book before my flight to Madrid.

Right when I got here we dropped off my stuff at Luke's apartment and then got some food because I was in desperate need of some. We got tortillas (made of eggs, potatoes and onions) jamon iberica (cross between ham and beef jerky) cheese and tinto de verano. It was nice and yummy. We also went and saw the Plaza del Sol, Plaza Real, Plaza Mayor and the Plaza de Santa Ana. Finally made it too bed although I think my body thought I was taking a nap because I woke up 3 hours later wide awake. When I finally fell back a sleep I slept until 11 and still felt exhausted.

Today me and Luke went into the Reina Sophia and saw all kinds of art. We saw some famous Picasso works along with Dali. I never realized how big Garnica was until today and was pretty bummed they don't let you take pictures in that part of the museum. We also went to the botanical gardens today which was really pretty and saw a photography show while we were in there. Me and Luke shared some paella for dinner but it was not very good I like the kind Luke makes better. Currently I am in Starbucks because Luke's Internet has been down for a week at his apartment. I don't think is land lord is very motivated to fix things.

Tomorrow we are going to go to El Rastro (the flea market) and then find a train down to  Cadiz in southern Spain. 

The internet in starbucks is going to slow to upload pics at the moment on here... I'll try facebook 

<3 Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment